Friday, January 23, 2009

Oh, Crap!

It was starting out as such a great day! Weston was so excited to finally get rid of his glasses. We drove up to Lasik Plus in SLC, they gave him a couple Valium, to help him relax (boy was I glad, you'll find out why in a second). It was such an amazing thing to watch, they started out just slicing the top off of his eye, and then zapped away! The doctor came out and told us that everything had gone just like it was supposed to, whew! So she gave us some instructions, one being no driving for 24 hours, and sent us on our way.

We were just about to Spanish Fork when I remembered that I had to get off and go pick up the girls from Heidi's house. I was hurrying to get over into the right hand lane so that I could make the exit. I had noticed that there was a Highway Patrolman that had someone pulled over just ahead of us. The entire right hand lane was slowing down to a crawl (I assumed to go politely around the Highway Patrolman). But, NO, some idiot a few cars in front of me, decided to be, oh so polite, and STOP, ON THE FREEWAY!! To allow the cop to get back on the road. So... this is where the "Oh, Crap", comes in. Yup, you guessed it. I totaled my car. Luckily, no one was hurt. I was actually going quite slow, my airbags didn't even go off. Here's where the joy of Valium comes in. I actually had to wake Weston up to tell him that I had wrecked the car. And he was just giggling about the whole thing.

I think it was probably a blessing in disguise, we actually got more from the insurance money, than we could have if we had sold it.

So, now we have an old Corolla, it runs, and it doesn't look like someone has lived in it for it's entire life. So I guess it's OK. (For now) The kids definitely like it, they were very fascinated by the "Ancient, window roller down things". (Technology has spoiled us!)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Looking at the damage it is so good no one was hurt, dang trailer hitches anyways! We need to have another girls day! See ya

Unknown said...

Hi Heather!! Long time no see! I found your blog off of Amanda's. Your girls are beautiful! Do they dance like you? Where are you living? Are you on facebook? Hope to hear from you soon!

Jeannette (Croushore)